Saturday, December 1, 2007

Spoof Email regarding Paypal

1. I was surprised to receive a mail which stated that my Paypal account has been compromised and I should immediately login to address the problem.

2. I panicked and clicked on the URL and here my anti virus and computer security measures helped me and showed a flag that it is a site designed to trick me into giving my password.

3. I immediately sent the Email to Spoof@paypal.com which deals with such type of fraudlent emails.

4. Always remember to keep your anti virus and computer operating software updated. In case of receipt of such Email do remember to open a new page and than type URL of the site personally.

5. Always look for lock sign at the bottom of the site( Generally Right Side Bottom).

6. Look for opening page URL , it should have a https(note additional S at the end).

7. A well informed man is better protected.

No comments: