Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I Tested Fraud Online Lottery Notification

1. I got a winning lottery notification from so called Yahoo agent stating that I have won a lottery by Yahoo by virtue of being its email user.

2. I decided to check out the same and responded to them with false name and address and other details.

3. I got another notification which stated that I need to furnish an affidavit to get the funds released. I responded to them saying am from India thus how do they expect me to get that affidavit regarding my genuineness.

4. As a last step they sent me an Email with a barrister address who could have had helped me get that affidavit.

5. The barrister demanded an amount of Pound 500 almost equal to Rs 40000/- and directed me to get the same deposited in his account.

6. Thus the modus operandi was to get the rs 50000/- in their account and than pop up another demand after demand and you keep on depositing the money in their account without getting anything in return.

7. I countered them with facts that they are fraudsters as I cross checked from Yahoo and they had denied such lottery existence.

8. Thereafter these fraudsters stopped troubling me.

No comments: